Friday, February 28, 2014

'Pinch Me, I'm Dreaming!'

via Solarham.net
"One of the peaks of the Aurora display over Anglesey just a few hours ago tonight... unedited and straight from the camera, except for a bit of noise reduction and I've had to tone down the colour a bit as it was off the scale!

This was the last thing I expected to see after returning from Iceland and getting to see the aurora 5 times in 9 nights... I've had no sleep as I was out til 2am shooting on our last night there (see my previous post) and then flying back home.. Only to spot a glow in the sky as I popped to the local shop and I figured it was worth a chance to check it out (I knew a big solar flare was on its way to us but didnt figure we'd also see it here)

I got the camera set up and running and then I was running all over Penmon, waking people up in campervans, knocking on the holiday homes and getting everyone out to see it, including as many as I could from Facebook etc too! Its a once in a lifetime event probably, so as many need to see it as possible I reckon

I have 3 hrs of footage and will be putting a timelapse movie together for you all, depending on when I pass out from exhaustion of course But it WILL come!

Congrats to all that got to see it - what a cracker!!"

Thanks Kris for sharing with us your fantastic image and story.

Image Details: Sony A99, Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 16-35mm, 15secs, f2.8, ISO5000 at 16mm

and from StrangeSounds via FB


No comments:

Post a Comment