Friday, December 27, 2013

Met Office to offer daily space weather forecast

via http://www.bbc.co.uk/

(Coincidence?? hmmm..)

The Met Office is to begin offering daily forecasts about the weather in space.

The 24 hour service will aim to help businesses and government departments by providing early warnings of solar storms that can disrupt satellites, radio communications and power grids.

The first forecast is expected to be available next spring.

The Department for Business will support the scheme with £4.6m of funding over the next three years.

The Met Office will aim to develop better ways of predicting space weather in collaboration with the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

UK partners involved in the project include the British Geological Survey, Bath University and RAL Space.

Space weather is driven by energetic particles from the Sun.

Solar flares and eruptions in the Sun's atmosphere - known as coronal mass ejections - are powerful sources of potentially destructive solar storms.

4 comments:

  1. If the Big Brother Corporation are up to something you can bet your boots it'll have some nefarious reason for it - unless they've changed their ways ;/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt...as for changing their ways..ha ha!

      Delete
  2. http://www.ascensionwithearth.com/2013/12/doug-hagmann-update-dhs-insider.html#comment-form

    You may want to read this slaade, he thinks it may be too late for humanity because critical mass was not reached.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though I don't necessarily agree with the content of the article, I must agree that the critical mass goal is marginal at best. I can only hope to share what I can and hope it resonates with those teetering on the edge. To do nothing but watch the demise of humanity does not agree with my empathy for others so I will continue my efforts. As for myself, I feel a move in my very near future (I live ON the east coast). Every fiber of my being is telling me to move..and move I shall in the VERY near future. Thanks for sharing...~ Namaste

      Delete